Enter your keyword

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Movie Review: Vamps


Vamps (2012)

Starring: Krysten Ritter, Alicia Silverstone, Sigourney Weaver, Dan Stevens and Wallace Shawn
Summary:Two female vampires in modern-day New York City are faced with daunting romantic possibilities.

My Thoughts: This was a goofy movie, but in a good way. If you are really strict on horror and the whole Twilight-esque romance with vampires urk you then I don't think this is a film for you. Its better than I expected, but that's always the case when Krysten Ritter is involved.

The storyline is full of holes and the ending is so bitter sweet, but its a pretty enjoyable film. It has the low budget rate film kind of look to it visually, but it is really fun. And fresh and the humor is light, but subtle. Sigourney Weaver was a great surprise to see as well. The latest thing I've seen her in was Cabin in the Woods, which also was a surprise because she literally came out of nowhere. I was like: 

image

So this is a movie I'd recommend for a late night in, or an early morning in. Its swell except I found that the humans interacting with vampires was a little off. No one seemed AFRAID of these vampires. I meant they're fucking vampires, I would scream or pee on myself just a little bit. 

Okay, Byeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Readers. I love comments, they really make my day to see a comment. If you want me to check out your blog, leave your blog address and I'll be more than happy to check it out. Thanks.

Popular

Follow by Email