Enter your keyword

Thursday, January 3, 2013

She's All That Movie Review


She's All That (1998)
Starring: Freddie Prinze Jr, Rachael Leigh Cook, Jesse Jackson, Gabrielle Union, Paul Walker
Summary: A high school jock makes a bet that he can turn an unattractive girl into the school's prom queen.
I Give This Movie A: B+

My Thoughts: I originally saw the parody of this movie, Not Another Teen Movie and I never really knew what it was based off of. I saw this movie on FX (which ultimately changed the "shit" to "crap) and I said instantly, "HEY! This is based off of Not Another Teen Movie." See, Janey Briggs, Laney Boggs. What utter madness is this, even though I like Janey Briggs a tad bit more than Laney Boggs. The girl in Not Another Teen Movie looks like Rachael Leigh Cook. This movie is literally perfect for your sitting in the house days. Which is my day today. I really, really enjoyed the simplicity of this movie. Its a really simple concept and I highly recommend this to any romantic comedy lover, if you haven't already seen it. If you have seen it, WATCH IT AGAIN.

Freddie Prinze Jr and Rachael, Rachel, Rachal, I don't know how to spell her name. But they're perfect in this movie, although it is extremely outdated and none of this happens in modern times, you must remember that it's an old movie. And its that typical ugly girl turns popular tale, even though Rachael's character isn't that ugly before, which happens in all these kind of movies, but this movie had me smiling the whole time. Just not at the DVD case pictured above. I really don't like it. 

I found it funny that Usher, of all people, would be the DJ throughout the school and the choreographed Prom dance thing was very cheesy, but very cool to see. I personally enjoyed it. The movie over all is also very, very predictable, but yet ultimately perfect, but I feel that the ending came too fast.

Happy Movie Watching,
Kandee

2 comments:

  1. "Am I a bet? Am I a ****ing bet?!"

    haha! I remember this... I was in high school when this came out - when all those "teen movies" were sprouting. (gasp! the age!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh lord, this movie was wonderful. Oh my, I love that age of movies, like Pretty in Pink. <3

      Delete

Hello Readers. I love comments, they really make my day to see a comment. If you want me to check out your blog, leave your blog address and I'll be more than happy to check it out. Thanks.

Popular

Follow by Email