Enter your keyword

Friday, December 21, 2012

Pitch Perfect Movie Review


Pitch Perfect (2012)
Starring: Rebel Wilson, Anna Kendricks, Brittany Snow, Skyler Astin, Anna Camp
Summary: Beca, a freshman at Barden University, is cajoled into joining The Bellas, her school's all-girls singing group. Injecting some much needed energy into their repertoire, The Bellas take on their male rivals in a campus competition.
I Give This Movie An: A-

My Thoughts:
Well, Pitch Perfect was great throughout. I'm serious. It was, at times it got a bit boring which is why it got an A-, but otherwise it was really enjoyable. I'm so upset it took me so long to go see it. It got out of the big theaters like AMC and so I went to see it at one of those last chance theaters and I really thought I should have seen it the day it released. It was hilarious, heart felt and just all around amazing. The songs, the jokes. 

image

I was laughing the whole time and then it looks like it was fun. That the actors had fun with it. I love the whole acapella thing because its not done in this way a lot, but if I hear I Saw The Signs one more time, I WILL BLOW MY BRAINS OUT. The directing was perfect as well and I love the fact that the movie knew what it was and that it didn't try to have a lot put into it, like a lot of romance or a lot of such and such. It knew it was a comedy about acapella and it didn't try to add too much drama as well, I mean because its a comedy and all.  The jokes were not corny what so ever, which I also enjoyed because I HATE CORNY HUMOR.

Hate it.

Another great thing, Rebel Wilson. She was amazing. So funny and perfect and I never knew she could sing, but she can, I was stunned. 

image

I noticed her in Bridesmaids and in What To Expect When You're Expecting, but when I saw her in this I was like: 

image

I haven't really seen her in much else, but I hope I will soon and also, Anna Kendricks. I loved her in 50/50, but this is another great movie to add to the list of her amazingness. Plus, her voice is like an angel.

The songs have a fresh vibe to them although they're older songs, there is not really new 2012 music except for Titanium and some other ones, but the mix is fantastic. I'm serious. But like I said, one more round of I Saw The Signs and I will bash my head open. 

So that's it for Pitch Perfect.

Happy Movie Watching,
Kandee

2 comments:

  1. Great review and I love how you cite Rebel Wilson's previous works but for me, this movie is her breakout role.

    Check out my own version of
    film review of Pitch Perfect
    - http://www.moviebounce.com/2013/05/film-review-pitch-perfect-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I soooooo love this movie & especially the pitch perfect songs! Old and new songs with a twist on their renditions. Totally aca-awesome! :) Utkarsh is my crush <3

    ReplyDelete

Hello Readers. I love comments, they really make my day to see a comment. If you want me to check out your blog, leave your blog address and I'll be more than happy to check it out. Thanks.

Popular

Follow by Email