Enter your keyword

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Bad Teacher Movie Review

Bad Teacher (2011)

Starring: Cameron Diaz, Justin Timberlake, Jason Segal and Lucy Punch
Summary: A comedy centered around a foul-mouthed, junior high teacher who, after being dumped by her sugar daddy, begins to woo a colleague -- a move that pits her against a well-loved teacher.
I Give This Movie A: B-

My Thoughts: Oh, Cameron Diaz. What do I say about you? I will get into that, but Bad Teacher isn't really that bad. Its funny, it keeps you interested and its not complex, its simple yet has so much going on. I mean, there's a LOT going on, from Elizabeth's divorce, to    this crazy other teacher, Lucy Punch, whom I will also get into later, to this gym teacher who's smitten with her and then there is her idea to get some fake boobs. Yeah, I know.

At first, I see Cameron Diaz, who I love, in this idiotic movie and my jaw drops. I'm stunned. This movies plot never seems to stick together, it moves from one thing to the next, its like a tv show within a movie, which I found frustrating. Justin Timberlake, another thing, his character I hated. He tried to hard to be liked and funny and it was horrible. Acting was alright, but not enough for me.

The whole idea to the movie seems utterly stupid, but watching it again, I realized there is actual depth to this movie. Cameron Diaz is excellent at playing this role of a character. A woman who's relied on looks her whole life to get what she wants, she's smart and cunning and knows what angle to work to get exactly what she wants, but she's hit her prime time. She's at the age where she can't just rely on looks anymore. At some points, she can, but others...Not so much. Like with the test guy, he doesn't find regular Elizabeth pretty or attractive, but disguised in a stolen Annie wig. She's hot. WHAT?? I don't know, but its his opinion. So in order to get this new guy who's rich and hot who just dumped his ex girlfriend, she needs new boobs to win him. 

Her whole booze drinking, pot smoking thing never gets old, although it would seem it would. But no. Its solid and sticks throughout the whole movie, even the ending. Which seems fitting. And then Lucy Punch as Ms. Amy Squirrel. I found her character amazing. She delivered every line with perfect oozing out of her. And she's an English actress, you'd never even realize it. Her crazy antics are just hilarious and she also makes the movie...sparkle, for lack of a better word. I find it ironic that Lucy is found to be the villain of the movie even though she is trying to do what's right and Elizabeth, well...she's the complete opposite. The things she says are not things you should say to any other human being on this Earth. 

So for Bad Teacher. I applaud you, its funny, its unique and I loved it, it made me angry at times, and I found myself just like Blah. But it was a good movie.

Happy Movie Watching,
Kandee

4 comments:

  1. This seems similar to how I felt about Young Adult with Charlize Theron. Ultimately the writing wasn't that great but it was an enjoyable film nonetheless. Think I'll watch Bad Teacher when I get the chance...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt that way about that movie as well. I usually love Charlize Theron too. She's a real gem too, but Young Adult didn't live up to her awesomeness though.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you didn't think this was too bad because I didn't think it was too bad neither film was getting seriously bashed when it's not too bad. I got in plenty of laughs & I was entertained--therefore it's not so terrible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm glad you agree. Its been bashed EVERY WHERE I look and I'm just like: C'mon its not that bad, guys.

      Delete

Hello Readers. I love comments, they really make my day to see a comment. If you want me to check out your blog, leave your blog address and I'll be more than happy to check it out. Thanks.

Popular

Follow by Email