Enter your keyword

Monday, November 26, 2012

Where She Went By Gayle Forman Book Review


Where She Went 
By Gayle Forman

Date Published: April 5,  2011 By Dutton Juvenile
Page Numbers: 264 Pages
Format: Paperback
Source: Borrowed From Library
Cover Love: The cover appeals to the series, but I don't know how I feel about this one. Its nice, but more for a standalone, not for the second book in a series.

Summary: It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.

Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future-and each other.

Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.


My Thoughts: Well, well. If I Stay was one of the best books I read last year and now a year later, after reading Where She Went. I loved it even more! It was incredible and reading the whole book through Adam's POV made it better, even though I was expecting Mia's POV to pop in at some point. But she didn't, which I'm glad of. Adam was incredible. I forgot how amazing he was since the last book.

Both Adam and Mia have grown up and their stories are amazing. Their growth is evident.
This book made me laugh and made me cry. I felt the knots in my tummy grow at some points, this is serious shit. I mean it.

Again, I love the New York setting and the way Gayle set up the story with the two of them meeting. The way she writes is wonderful, magical almost. This whole book is understanding Why? Why Mia left him? Why she didn't talk to him for 3 years? He's heartbroken and why not? He deserves to be angry and Mia doesn't really give him an answer at first. Which sucks.  You read through their adventures as they talk and go over what's happened since they last seen each other, but not the obvious. Until one point, its Adam's breaking point and then everything is realized. Its like a light bulb just popped on above my head.  Wow. It was a powerful scene, wait, scratch that. This book is a powerful book and the ending is memorable. This book is one I am going to remember for a long time.

Happy Readings,
Kandee

3 comments:

  1. I loved this even more than If I Stay, too, and I really loved that book! I enjoyed reading from Adam's POV, though it was heartbreaking at times to see how Mia's accident affected everyone around her. Gayle Forman is such an incredible writer. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and yes, it was sooo amazing reading from Adam's POV, he's terrific. I cannot wait to read her upcoming books!

      Delete
  2. Once in a while comes a story that has touched me in a way that I will never forget. Great read!

    By: Irene (Auto Repair Bellevue)

    ReplyDelete

Hello Readers. I love comments, they really make my day to see a comment. If you want me to check out your blog, leave your blog address and I'll be more than happy to check it out. Thanks.

Popular

Follow by Email