Enter your keyword

Friday, November 16, 2012

What To Expect When You're Expecting Movie Review



What To Expect When You're Expecting (2012)

Starring: Cameron Diaz, Brooklyn Decker, Chris Tucker, Jennifer Lopez, Elizabeth Banks
I Give This Movie An: A+

Summary: A look at love through the eyes of five interconnected couples experiencing the thrills and surprises of having a baby, and ultimately coming to understand the universal truth that no matter what you plan for, life doesn't always deliver what's expected.

My Thoughts: This movie is literally one of the best movies I've seen all year. I kid you not, it was funny, relatable in all aspects. I mean I've never had a baby before, but I read the books on it and there's such an interesting world of pregnancy up there. The jokes are subtle, also just like Valentine's Day, New Years Eve and He's Just Not That Into You there are these couples who are so interconnected, which I love. Like, one person is someone's cousin, and when one couple leaves the scene, another comes in. Its fantastic.

Basically, these are the stories on these couples. Who are pregnant, obviously. Although, some of the bellies look fake. And they have some hilarious stories, My favorite character would have to be Bank's character Wendy. My boyfriend, however, liked the younger couple, Anna Kendricks and Chase Crawford. They were alright to me, but they were barely in the movie. I honestly, really wished they had added a birthing class scene. They are usually funny, such as in Labor Pains with Lindsay Lohan, which I am watching now.

The dads are another thing. I loved them and my boyfriend and I were cracking up throughout the scene. The music, their stories, everything was hilarious. There are a lot of key factors in the movie, such as, infertility, talk on birth plans, C-Sections, and also there's an adoption! One thing I didn't like was the fact Brooklyn Decker and Jennifer Lopez, their acting wasn't the best for this movie. Jennifer is slowly dying out as an actor and I feel is doing little jobs like this, but they aren't suiting her well. Brooklyn Decker, I just don't know what to say about that acting.

Although very cliche, it is a real gem and genuinely funny. Its worth the rental or maybe even buying on DVD, which I have. I took a pass at it, seeing the trailer and TV spots, I saw it and instantly fell in love with it. Then it got out of theaters and I went out and bought it. Which I am sooo glad for .

Good Day,
Everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Readers. I love comments, they really make my day to see a comment. If you want me to check out your blog, leave your blog address and I'll be more than happy to check it out. Thanks.

Popular

Follow by Email