Enter your keyword

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sinster Movie Review (In Theaters Now)


Sinister (2012)

Starring: Ethan Hawke, Juliet Rylance, Clare Foley, James Ransone
Summary: A true-crime writer finds a cache of 8mm "snuff" films that suggest the murder he is currently researching is the work of a serial killer whose career dates back to the 1960s.
I Give This Movie A: B-

My Thoughts:
Well, well, well. I went into this movie thinking this was going to be an okay movie. And it was soooo much more than that. So much! In Sinister, the main character, Ellison moves into this new house to write his new book about the people who lived in this house and were mysteriously murdered and one child was missing. Okay, so let me just say, Ellison's wife is British, and when she says Ellison, it sounds like Allison, so I'm just like: 


And so he moves into this house and I found it funny because his wife is like: Are we moving near the house where they were killed in? and he's like: No, no, no, no.

Because they're living IN the house. 

So, I loved Ellison (Ethan Hawke). His sarcasm, his everything and even that sweater he wears in the movie is awesome. I find his acting so sincere, it looks like he was genuinely afraid of being in the movie. So he finds this footage and watches it and on the film is murders. The people are being hung from this tree and one by one, they die. And I was haunted by this. There are other films of other families being murdered. And the titles, the title of these films are so...so weird, but like the scene where the family is being murdered, the movie is titled Hanging Out. I was like:

image

WHY WOULD YOU FILM THESE MURDERS? And so, that was another creep factor. It has amazing imagery, but the movies were so horrible, not in a gory way. But just CREEPY AS HELL. Its so horrible, but you can't look away. One thing, I am a chicken over the STUPIDEST things. The jump scares, they scared me, I must admit. Not because they were scary, but because I don't like shit jumping out in front of me. At one point when he jumped in front of Ethan, I literally punched my boyfriend in the face because I hate it!
The ghost, demaon, ghoul, ma-bober. I found it frightening. Not something I will be forever afraid of like Slenderman, but something that I found frightening in this movie. But as you leave you'll probably be like: OH THAT'S NOT SCARY, but during it, you'll jump, just like me.

 As for the ending, I have one gif for you. I'm not even going to talk about it, but I will leave you with this:

image

So, Sinister. I will definitely buy this on DVD, when it releases. And also, is not a "scary" movie, persay, but if jump scares get you, then this will get you. Its more messed up, more like: SHIT, why??? And I'll leave you with that.

Happy Readings,
Kandee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Readers. I love comments, they really make my day to see a comment. If you want me to check out your blog, leave your blog address and I'll be more than happy to check it out. Thanks.

Popular

Follow by Email