Enter your keyword

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Book Talk/Review: Bumped


Thumped
By Megan McCafferty

Date Publlished: April 24, 2012 By Balzer + Bray
Page Numbers: 290 pages
Format: Hardcover
Source: My Own Copy
Cover Love: I love it, the fact that in Bumped the egg was whole and in this one its cracked and the egg is whole in the shadow.

Summary: It's been thirty-five weeks since twin sisters Harmony and Melody went their separate ways. Since then, their story has become irresistible to legions of girls: twins separated at birth and living different lives, each due to deliver sets of twins . . . on the same day In a future where only teens can "bump," or give birth, babies mean money, status, and freedom.
Married to Ram and living in religious Goodside, Harmony spends her time trying to fit back into the community she once loved and believed in. But she can't seem to forget about Jondoe, the guy she fell in love with under the strangest of circumstances.

To her adoring fans, Melody has achieved everything she always wanted: a big, fat contract and a coupling with Jondoe, the hottest bump prospect around. But this image is costing her the one guy she really wants.

Cursed by their own popularity, the girls are obsessively tracked by their millions of fans, who have been eagerly counting down the days to their "Double Double Due Date." Without a doubt, they are two of the most powerful teen girls on the planet, and there's only one thing they could do that would make them more famous than they already are:

Tell the truth.


My Thoughts:
Oh my. Oh my. It took me so long to buy this book, why?! I don't know, it should have been on my top priority list. I liked Bumped a lot since it put a new genre on the table. Pregnancy! I don't know about you, but it really interests me, the idea of pregnancy. And so in this sequel to Bumped, I was like: WOAH! throughout the whole thing. It was just shock, after shock, after shock.

Miss McCafferty has created this wonderful dystopian world and you just get sucked into the writing. The characters, Harmony and Melody, are so realistic and so relatable. Melody is    the hottest pregnant girl in the world and so she's popular, but it isn't what she wants. She just wants to live her life, but right now, fame is running it. And she's living this lie since in Bumped, Jodone bumps with Harmony her twin sister instead of her and he gets Harmony pregnant. Leaving Melody screwed since they fall in love and she's suppose to be the pregnant one. How does she get pregnant in this book you ask? 

I will not spoil, read the book. But its soooo good, just know that. But one this I will mention is about Zen and Harmony. They are so cute together, they have a lot of moments together, be prepared. And also, I was laughing out loud about how they were freaking out about condoms. I mean now, we all use them because, you know, no one wants to get pregnant, but she was freaking the fuck out over it, plus it was very, very old. VERY! Ventura was being a bitch, as usual, but we saw another side to her. I liked the character growth throughout the two books. I mean, in Bumped, we're just introduced to them and they're just like meeting new people, but eventually they grow on us. Well Melody and Zen did. In Thumped, we mainly saw more insight on the minor characters such as Ventura, Jodone, even Ram and also Harmony as well. I hated Harmony in Bumped, like sooo much. And for one thing, I knew Ram was gay since Bumped, not a surprise there. At ALL!

Teenage Pregnancy isn't a joke and I feel Thumped has more of a message than Bumped. And who enjoyed Melody's speech? I know I did and also, Melody was really stupid for thinking her mom would come back in my opinion, but I mean, its reasonable, I guess. I really do want a third, but sadly, that is not happening. 

Happy Readings,
Kandee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Readers. I love comments, they really make my day to see a comment. If you want me to check out your blog, leave your blog address and I'll be more than happy to check it out. Thanks.

Popular

Follow by Email