Enter your keyword

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Dead Girls Detective Agency By Suzy Cox ARC Review

The Dead Girls Detective Agency
The Dead Girls Detective Agency By Suzy Cox
*I really just typed Suzy Sox*

Date Published: Sept 18, 2012 By HarperTeen 
Page Numbers:384 pages
Format: Kindle, Ebook 
Source: Edelweiss baby!


Summary (From Goodreads):Pop quiz: What would you do if you had to solve your own murder to get anywhere in death?


Maybe if I hadn't slept through my alarm, slammed into Kristin--my high school's reigning mean girl--or stepped in a puddle, destroying my mom's new suede DVF boots (which I borrowed without asking), I wouldn't have been in the wrong place at the wrong time, and I wouldn't have been pushed in front of that arriving train. But I did, and I was.

When I came to, I was informed by a group of girls that I'm dead. And that because I died under mysterious circumstances, I can't pass straight over to the Other Side. But at least I'm not alone. Meet the Dead Girls Detective Agency: Nancy, Lorna, and Tess--not to mention Edison, the really cute if slightly hostile dead boy. Apparently, the only way out of this limbo is to figure out who killed me, or I'll have to spend eternity playing Nancy Drew. Considering I was fairly invisible in life, who could hate me enough to want me dead? And what if my murderer is someone I never would have suspected.

My Thoughts: So, so, I really don't know why I didn't read it when it first came out, I should have. I mean this book is a read gem. And really, really new unique. I kid you not. Many paranormal books really talk about a girl dying, something happens, she falls in love and it can't work because she's A FUCKING ghost. Yeah, weird. But instead of that, she must solve her own murder in order to get to the other side, as in, Heaven? I guess. 

The characters all shone for me. Tess, Nancy, Lorna were all such damn good characters and they were so different, but yet, they went together and their interactions were not only hilarious, but heart-felt. I really wish we could know that happened to them. And Edison was pretty hot, or so it seems. His relationship with Charlotte was very discussed, which I surprisingly disliked. I'm not usually one for mushy gushy love, but I was looking for it and so if you want a romance-y novel, this one is not for you. Charlotte was amazing too, she was cute, funny, and such, it was really really genuine.

Throughout the book, it had very interesting things going on, such as when the girls practiced possession. It was great, I was very, very intrigued by the powers of the ghost and then although the ending came WAY too fast, it was a GREAT book, one I must go get a copy of. Like now. And a lot was left unsaid, so I'm thinking a second book will accompany this one? Maybe, I hope so because I will definitely preorder.

Happy Readings,
Kandee

2 comments:

  1. Yay I'm glad this one is one isn't about a ghost and a guy falling in love... those are getting old. I really want to read this esp. after your awesome review :)

    PS-LOVE the polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are. I absolutely hate those novels now because everything seems the same. Thanks! I highly recommend it, I loved it.

      And thanks, I like them, but then I was like. Hmmm. Kind of skeptical about them.

      Delete

Hello Readers. I love comments, they really make my day to see a comment. If you want me to check out your blog, leave your blog address and I'll be more than happy to check it out. Thanks.

Popular

Follow by Email