Enter your keyword

Saturday, October 20, 2012

My Thoughts on Nashville


Well, well,I'm late on the bandwagon. This show already has two episodes, but I'm reviewing the pilot episode. At first I was skeptical about this show considering I do not personally like country music except the few Taylor Swift songs and the occasional Josh Cash song that plays on my phone.

Well the show centers on Rayna James, who is played by Connie Britton. I personally love Connie Britton, she's fun, she's sexy, a great actress, and I didn't know before, but she can sing. Very well. And so, she plays one of the world's most popular country singer, who's slowly fading away thanks to Hayden Panettiere's character, Juliette Barnes. She is a new pop star who's going to try to do anything to bring Rayna down and take her place as the world's greatest country singer. And I love Hayden, but personally her character in this show is just like a sluttier, bitchier Taylor Swift. Her songs, yes, are very nice, but do they appeal to what country is? Not even by a long shot. Because of this show I really actually listen to country music now. 

I think its a mix of Glee and some sort of soap opera. It brings sort of a spice to tv now. ABC has a lot of great shows, but they cut a lot of new ones, like Missing, etc etc. If this gets cut, I'll be highly upset. The show bring in a lot of great supporting characters, Clare Bowen is stunning and so is Charles Easton. And another great factor is that Rayna and Juliette don't really interact that much, their actions are what affect each others lives. And what they struggle with in their own is interesting as well. Charles Easton's character Deacon is amazing, he's Rayna's ex lover and their interactions with each other. You can tell things are spicing up there. Their sexual tension is epic, I feel something there between them.

Juliette's character is not all that. Without Connie Britton, this show would be shit honestly. She brings the passion and the light in this show. I mean Juliette isn't that bad, her bitchiness is interesting to see because she normally doesn't act like that. And her crack head mother is constantly calling her for money, which takes a whole new tole on her character. She ends up sleeping with people to hide her shame. 

So I must say, I will continue watching this show. Its a real gem, a new take on the country music scene. I recommend it highly and give it about 4 out of 5 stars. Oh and sorry about the lack of posts, been swamped in school work. That is all.

Happy Readings,
Kandee

2 comments:

  1. I think I will also continue to see where it leads. So far it is a 6/10 so I hope it only gets better <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too because it is interesting, it is new and it has Connie FREAKING Britton.:D

      Delete

Hello Readers. I love comments, they really make my day to see a comment. If you want me to check out your blog, leave your blog address and I'll be more than happy to check it out. Thanks.

Popular

Follow by Email