Enter your keyword

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Diminishing Paige By Robert Shields Book Review


Diminishing Paige
By Robert Shields

Date Published: Jun 15, 2012 By Fruitbat Books
Page Numbers: 254 pages
Format: E book
Source: Sent from Author

Summary: She leaned over and kissed him on the mouth totally catching him by surprise. Her warm lips erased any symptoms of being cold on the bridge, yet she froze him in place. It was wonderful, but it was over in a flash and he thought, "I never kissed her back."


A fool knows the price of everything and the value of nothing is the romantic theme between Paige Wheeler and Storm Lancaster. The intelligent high school expellees serendipitously meet at a garage sale and end up approaching sex in an awkward text book fashion. They start viewing the relationship through the lens of economics as if sex was a commodity. As they grow closer together, Paige’s promiscuous past comes to light that haunts her, which leads to complications in their relationship. Storm’s ineptness in handling the pressures of a relationship from previously attending an all-boys school causes problems while Paige finds some amusement in his immaturity. Her sterilized view of sex creates consternation for Storm over their rapport. At their new school, they make a mutual friend in Jamal. The trio engages in pranks as their friendship with him develops. Storm’s proclivity as an adolescent male leads to poor decisions with Paige as Jamal, often the voice of reason and conscience is ignored to the detriment of the couple. Emotions spin out of control after a frolicking camping trip with Paige’s old high-school buddies and the sexual economics experiment explodes

My Thoughts: Well, well, first I thought: Ehhh, I'll read it. It looked good, but I wasn't expecting that I'd like it as much as I did. I really enjoyed this book, I mean it took me a few days to read it, but I couldn't put it down. It was soooo good. I was ferociously pressing buttons down on my Kindle nonstop. I mean I HAD to finish it. 

It was magical, Paige and Storm's relationship. Pure magic. And although sometimes I was just like WTF? But then ultimately it came together. I would say it was a really really sweet story, but it wasn't. It was hot. It was racy and had a lot of sexual things going on. I suggest this book for more older audiences because sex wise, it was very explicit. (Mainly pertaining to blowjobs) I'm not talking 5O Shades of Gray sexual, but somewhat sexual. And also, with the varying uses of the F word.

Well, character wise, you're introduced to a great variety of characters and I loved them all. Even the douche bag Alex. I must say he was interesting. And her maid was funny and so was Molly, the homeless woman they sometimes hang out with. One thing I didn't like is that it was very unrealistic, I mean where are her parents? I mean at the end I understood that whole thing with them, I'm not going to spoil it, but it was a tad confusing. Wouldn't someone have stepped in to help her? I don't know. And so I found myself wondering.

I enjoyed it, it was light read, it was funny. I really really enjoyed it. If this book was food, it would be popcorn. Its light and was a breathe of fresh air.

Happy Readings,
Kandee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Readers. I love comments, they really make my day to see a comment. If you want me to check out your blog, leave your blog address and I'll be more than happy to check it out. Thanks.

Popular

Follow by Email