Enter your keyword

Monday, October 22, 2012

Book Talk/Book Review: Pandemonium

Pandemonium (Delirium, #2)

Pandemonium By Lauren Oliver

Date Published: February 28, 2012 By HarperTeen
Page Numbers: 375 pages
Format: Hardcover
Source: My Own Copy
Cover Love: I personally like the UK cover better. The new cover update, I do not like. The face is a little too much for me personally.

Summary: I'm pushing aside the memory of my nightmare, pushing aside thoughts of Alex, 

pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school, 
push, 
push, 
push, 
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.

My Thoughts: 
Well, well, I originally bought a copy of this on my Kindle. I had just bought my Kindle, feeling good and ready to read. Oh, Pandemonium released? Let me go and buy that. I buy it and I just can't read it. I CAN'T. So I put it on my DNF list and go read something else. Which is sad because I loved Delirium, but for some reason I hated it on my Kindle. HATED IT. So, do not read this on your electronic devices, I'm warning you. But eventually, I realize that the third book will be out soon, so I go and buy my own copy to love, to have and to hold.


* I did not throw my 100 dollar Kindle*

And that made it much, much better. I even restarted the book. I was half way through the book on my Kindle, may I mention, but I could not remember ANYTHING. And so, I flew through this book.

But I loved this book. I DID. I mean there was so much going on. SO much action. See, I like action in books, not much in movies. Well, this book is told from this Now/Then perspective. Then is when Lena is in the Wilds, she's working, she's all in the Wild, scary. We meet Raven and she's the leader basically and we're introduced to all these characters and we're just like: WOAH. So much happening.  And Now, is about Lena being captured by these Scavengers with Julian. Julian is the son of the founder for the cure and all. And I love the way they interacted with each other, the holding hands thingie. It was amazing! And cute, so by far the now part was my favorite. Julian, I loved him. I loved his growth and how he's all like: THE CURE IS THE WAY, RAWR, RAWR, at first. Then he's like: Love, I think I like it. I personally liked Julian more than Alex, I didn't think I would, but I did. And then I wanted to break Raven's neck.

After everything they'd been through, Raven is like: You were never in danger, it was all planned. I was like:

image

They beat Julian senselessly. And I'm just they were going to kick the shit out of Lena, too. So, NO, NO YOU ARE WRONG RAVEN, THEY WERE IN DANGER. And then, she's going to let Julian die and so I was going to cry a bit. NO NO. Raven gives no fucks about Julian. All she wants is for everyone to know Julian was on their side, how to show him that love was a good thing. I had to spoil that, sorry. It just made me soooo mad! And then Raven lets Julian get captured and so he's going to die.

WTF.

And so forget that Lena cares about him,Raven's going to let it happen. And then all this action happens and so I'm left with Lena going to rescue Julian and I'm just on the edge of my seat, book plastered to my face. I'm ready and this whole Charlie's Angels thing happens at the hospital and I'm just flailing all over the place:

image

It's crazy. And so, I'm reading, I'm tearing across the pages, like what's going to happen and I think everything I going to come out great and happy. But no, this is a series. And so, this bitch, I may not mention their name.

Julian is like: Promise me we'll always stay together. Lena is like: Yes. Forever. And this bitch, comes and says: Don't believe her. WHAT? WHAT? WAT? WHUT? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Where did you come from? If you've read the book, you know who I'm talking about. And so I will end it there before I spoil more in an angry tangent.

Happy Readings,
Kandee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Readers. I love comments, they really make my day to see a comment. If you want me to check out your blog, leave your blog address and I'll be more than happy to check it out. Thanks.

Popular

Follow by Email