Enter your keyword

Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Possession Movie Review (In Theatres Now)


The Possession (2012)

Starring: Natasha Calis, Jeffery Dean Morgan, Kyra Sedgwick and Madison Davenport
Summary: A young girl buys an antique box at a yard sale, unaware that inside the collectible lives a malicious ancient spirit. The girl's father teams with his ex-wife to find a way to end the curse upon their child.
I give this movie an: A-

My Thoughts: Well, well, I saw this movie for my birthday with my friends and I must say, I AM IMPRESSED. As many haunting movies I have seen (A Haunting in Connecticut, The Haunting, etc.etc) this was most definitely entertaining and this was certainly a different take on the whole genre of possession-and-or-haunting movies. 

The characters and the cast were fantastic! The little girl, the possessed child, Emily, was a very good actress. Hannah, Madison Davenport, is her sister and she was cast well also, she played her role in an interesting way. But back to Emily, she played her role well and the effects were drop dead amazing. I have noticed that many children are more fantastic actors/ess than the older ones. And well, she was great, I'm so serious. That's why I keep blubbering about it.The plot is basically about this cursed box, which you don't find its origin, and you can hear these voices and things coming from it. I found that creepy. And so Emily's father and his wife, Emily's mother, Kyra Sedgwick, are divorced. The children go to their father's house for the weekend and they find this garage sale, they stop at said garage sale and Emily finds the box.  Her father tells her she can have it and that's where the plot progresses.

The box is fucking scary. I mean I don't ever want to have to pack anything up again. Boxes are scary. There are these weird trinkets in the box and as Emily plays with her you see them and they affect her in someway. The effects in the movie, epic. The hands inside her, the butterfly-spider-fly thing coming out of her, the whole sha bang. The X-Ray scene was amazing, too. There's this one scene where I was legit cracking up when they were in the hospital and it was so funny, I hope you'll laugh as well. And oohh, ohh, they showed the demon to us, it was SOOO freaking scary, I screamed so loud. I mean it was a scene of pure horror. I was like: 

image

Yes, that was me, probably even worse. Another thing, her mother didn't seem to notice anything with her child until the end, I was like:


DO YOU NOT REALIZE WHAT IS WRONG WITH HER!?! And the doctors pissed me off too when they're X-raying her and there's like this face on her torso and the doctors pay no attention, yet her mother and sister are staring in horror. 

But otherwise, I really, really recommend that you do see this movie in theaters. I don't know how your home tv set up is like, but if you do have a nice set up wait to buy it, but it is in theaters if you'd like to catch it. 

Happy Movie Watching,
Kandee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Readers. I love comments, they really make my day to see a comment. If you want me to check out your blog, leave your blog address and I'll be more than happy to check it out. Thanks.

Popular

Follow by Email