Enter your keyword

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The 5 Year Engagement Movie Review


The 5 Year Engagement

Starring: Jason Segel, Emily Blunt, Kevin Hart, Mindy Kaling, Alison Brie and Chris Pratt
Summary: One year after meeting, Tom proposes to his girlfriend, Violet, but unexpected events keep tripping them up as they look to walk down the aisle together.

I give this movie a: C-

My Thoughts: Well, after seeing the trailer, I had high expectations, very high expectations and I was sort of let down. On the front of the poster/dvd case, it says in big letters: FROM THE PRODUCERS OF BRIDESMAIDS. So, of course, I had to go see it, I really loved Bridesmaids, so I'm saying: Hey, I'll order this movie, I heard somewhat good things about it and it let me down. It was crap, crap I tell you.

I wasn't expecting this at all. I mean the movie wasn't funny at all. I mean it had its moments, but most of the time I was cringing, yes, cringing, at the jokes that came out of Jason Segel's voice. And Emily Blunt, she's a good actress, but this movie didn't showcase her talent. She was boring and emotionless a lot, like forced acting. Except the arrow scene, it was pretty funny that is all. During most of the movie, I actually was on my phone and on Twitter, which is sad. During some of the plot, I felt it to be a cliche and I could SEE it going in one way. I knew was going to happen and BAM, it happened. 

I really think its more of a like a soap opera with very raunchy jokes, I mean, at one part, I was shocked at one point, but such as in the way of a soap opera. If you're thinking it is like Bridesmaid, you are wrong. It is just bad, bad like a bad cheating boyfriend, but as Taylor Swift says, We Are Never EVER EVER getting back together. 

Happy Movie Watching,
Kandee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Readers. I love comments, they really make my day to see a comment. If you want me to check out your blog, leave your blog address and I'll be more than happy to check it out. Thanks.

Popular

Follow by Email