Enter your keyword

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Top 10 Books To Read If You Like Nina LaCour As Much As I Do


Well, hello, again. It happens to be another Tuesday on my blog and so here I am doing my Top Ten Tuesday! Its a meme hosted over at The Broke and The Bookish, a blog I really enjoy reading. And so the theme this week is recommend ten books according to an author of your choice. And I love her and adore her and so I pick Nina LaCour, author of The Disenchantments, a book I really loved!

Top Ten Books To Read If You Like Nina LaCour As Much As I Do


1. Reunited by Hilary Weisman Graham - Yes, road trip. This reminds me of The Disenchantments but with all girls.

2. The Queen of Kentucky by Alecia Whitaker - I know it seems so different from what she'd write, but the writing style is similar.

3. My Life Undecided by Jessica Brody - Again, writing style, similar.

4. The Fault In Our Stars by John Greene - Nina writes like a female John and the way their characters are made are very similar.

5. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson - Simliar writing style and story concepts, but different in a good way.

6. Hooked by Catherine Greenman - If Catherine hadn't written this book, Nina would've probably written something very similar to this.

7.  Babe In Boyland by Jody Gehrman - Its fun and sweet, just like Nina.

8. Wherever Nina Lies by Lynn Weingarten - Sweet, funny and has a road trip! And the characters in here remind me of the ones in The Disenchantments.

8 books this week because I am so tired, but must post this up.
Thanks for cooperating with my half assing this meme.
Kandee



10 comments:

  1. I've only read The Fault in Our Stars, and I loved it. So I'll definitely try Nina LaCour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and thank you. Nina is Awhh-maz-ing!

      Delete
  2. I haven´t read The Disenchantments yet, it´s on my tbr list and I just ordered it. I can´t wait to read that book and if I love it I will read most of the books you listed. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Disenchantments was really good, I mean, its really a book that will stay with you. Yaaayyy!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE Nina LaCour! LOVE! I haven't read any on your list except Amy & Roger. It looks like I've got a lot of reading to do. :)
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy and Rogers was also a book I really enjoyed, it was a book that I'll probably remember for a long, long time.

      Delete
  4. "Nina writes like a female John." I think I'm IN LOVE with this response LOL!! x) I haven't read most of these books yet, but most of them are on my TBR pile and the ones that aren't yet are definitely being added -- I've heard Nina Lacour is an amazing writer! :)

    Awesome top eight, Kandee! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Thank you. I aim to be funny:D
      Her books are soo soo good, I love Nina LaCour soo much. You must get to them.

      Delete
  5. Great List!! I've read a lot of those books! I loved Where Nina Lies! I'm definitely reading The Disenchantments soon bc I loved Hold Still!

    My TTT- Sarah Dessen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Hold Still surprisingly, I must find a copy of it, because if its by Nina it must be good.

      Delete

Hello Readers. I love comments, they really make my day to see a comment. If you want me to check out your blog, leave your blog address and I'll be more than happy to check it out. Thanks.

Popular

Follow by Email