Enter your keyword

Friday, July 20, 2012

Something Strange and Deadly ARC Review

Something Strange and Deadly (Something Strange and Deadly #1)

Publication Date: July 24, 2012 By HarperTeen
Pages: 400? What? See this is why I hate reading on the Kindle, I can't track the pages.
Format: E-arc
Source: Publisher, thank you HarperTeen
Challenges: None
Cover Love: The cover is simply amazing, its not doing too much and not to little. The tree in the background is pretty amazing itself too. It defines the girl and her dress on the front, its creepy in a good way.

Summary: The year is 1876, and there’s something strange and deadly loose in Philadelphia…
Eleanor Fitt has a lot to worry about. Her brother has gone missing, her family has fallen on hard times, and her mother is determined to marry her off to any rich young man who walks by. But this is nothing compared to what she’s just read in the newspaper—

The Dead are rising in Philadelphia.


And then, in a frightening attack, a zombie delivers a letter to Eleanor…from her brother.

Whoever is controlling the Dead army has taken her brother as well. If Eleanor is going to find him, she’ll have to venture into the lab of the notorious Spirit-Hunters, who protect the city from supernatural forces. But as Eleanor spends more time with the Spirit-Hunters, including their maddeningly stubborn yet handsome inventor, Daniel, the situation becomes dire. And now, not only is her reputation on the line, but her very life may hang in the balance.



My Thoughts: 
I, Miss Kandee Kane, must confess that I didn't expect much from this book at first. When I saw it first released, I was like:

image

Ohhh, oohhh look at it. It looks AMAZING.

Then after a while after I got it for review, I was like: 


Then I picked it up and when I finished it, I was like: 

image

This book was amazing, I'm serious. It started off slowly and I was reading a few chapters of this book every morning. Then putting it away to do whatever, then towards the middle, it took off. 
And I mean fast!
I had to finish this book, so serious. I read the rest of this book in one sitting. And it literally blew me away. The writing was so simple and articulate since it was from an older time. I'm very glad it incorporated that older feel. 
I came into this expecting certain things and this and that. And surprisingly, they didn't live up to my expectations, they surpassed them. She's created this world...this world of zombies and humans with this crazy, mysterious plot line and its magical, almost. Its unique and memorable.
Now lets move on to the characters, they were awesome. I think I loved EVERY single person in this book. I would go off and hug every one. Even El's mom, even though I wanted to just choke her sometimes. El is just amazing. She's so real and in this time, she wants to be someone in life and is held down by her slowly crumbling title, and I love the way she made the choice to be herself. AWESOME!
Then the swoon worthy handsome inventor, Daniel. I loved him, as annoying as he was I did. Ultimately, he was sweet at times and he cared for El so much. 

The ending...I don't know how I feel about the ending. It was ehhh, I like it, but I don't. I have to many unanswered questions and too many doubts about what happened. It made me a little sad as well. BUT otherwise, its AMAZING.

And I'm definitely buying my own copy when it releases and I hope you do, too. Please do. A pretty, pretty hardcover!

Happy Reading,
Kandee

1 comment:

  1. DANIELLLLLLL <3 I'm in love with him. But I'm in love with this book even MORE. This was an awesome book!!! I love your review and I'm a new follower :D

    Rabiah
    Confessions of a Readaholic

    ReplyDelete

Hello Readers. I love comments, they really make my day to see a comment. If you want me to check out your blog, leave your blog address and I'll be more than happy to check it out. Thanks.

Popular

Follow by Email