Enter your keyword

Thursday, July 12, 2012

The List By Siobhan Vivian Book Review


The List

Publication Date: April 1, 2012 By Push
Page Numbers: 332 pages
Format: Hardback
Source: Library
Challenges: Standalone Book Challenge

Summary:
An intense look at the rules of high school attraction -- and the price that's paid for them.

It happens every year. A list is posted, and one girl from each grade is chosen as the prettiest, and another is chosen as the ugliest. Nobody knows who makes the list. It almost doesn't matter. The damage is done the minute it goes up.

This is the story of eight girls, freshman to senior, "pretty" and "ugly." And it's also the story of how we see ourselves, and how other people see us, and the tangled connection of the two.

My Thoughts:
 So, this book. Right here, was basically one of the best books I've read this year. Seriously, I kid you not, this book was effing amazing.
Its told from the POV of 8 very different girls, and although I'd like to read about more than others, it was a nice, fresh, fun read. Ms.Vivian has written a gem and I think I shall go out and buy a copy for my own library. And I rarely go out and buy books, that's how good this book is.

Well, the plot...Very, very interesting. This book could have gone so many ways and it went the right way, thank GOD! The girls in the novel are put on this list and from there when it is broken down into what they think and believe, it takes off. The girls were very great characters and although I really didn't like some of them, like Jennifer and Margo and Abby, I'd really connected to them. Like, aren't you not suppose to "like" everyone, but as long as you feel them for the journey, it is okay. Anyways, I felt what they felt and it was so real, so raw. My favorite girl was Sarah, and I wish we had more of her, I want MORE SARAH!

So, anyways, although this book is very fictional, it can easily happen to any teenager at any school and that's the scary part. If you're looking for REAL contemporary YA, this is for you. Definitely pick it up.

Happy Readings,
Kandee


4 comments:

  1. Nice review! I read this book a while ago and I liked it too... I wanted more answers though!! Like what happened to Bridget and her eating disorder?? Did Lauren really have to get home-schooled? I think I needed another 50 pages or so to be completely in love with the book :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree completely! I was like....But..what happens next? But it was still very well written:D

      Delete
  2. What a nice review! I really wanted to read this book from the moment I heard about it, so it's good to hear that you loved it so much! The different POV's first sounded a bit scary, but it's also something I've never did before and I like original stuff ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ^,^

      It is to die for and I personally love this book. Its not as scary as it seems, its actually a bit fun.

      Delete

Hello Readers. I love comments, they really make my day to see a comment. If you want me to check out your blog, leave your blog address and I'll be more than happy to check it out. Thanks.

Popular

Follow by Email