Enter your keyword

Monday, June 4, 2012

Want To Go Private By Sarah Darer Littman Book Review


Want to Go Private?
Want To Go Private By Sarah Darer Littman

Publication Date: August 1, 2011 by Scholastic Press
Page Numbers: 330 pages
Source: My beautiful, beautiful library!
Format: Hardcover

Cover Love: Simple. But it still draws you in, in that simplicity. Compared to the story its just as amazing.

Summary: Abby and Luke chat online. They've never met. But they are going to. Soon.

Abby is starting high school--it should be exciting, so why doesn't she care? Everyone tells her to "make an effort," but why can't she just be herself? Abby quickly feels like she's losing a grip on her once-happy life. The only thing she cares about anymore is talking to Luke, a guy she met online, who understands. It feels dangerous and yet good to chat with Luke--he is her secret, and she's his. Then Luke asks her to meet him, and she does. But Luke isn't who he says he is. When Abby goes missing, everyone is left to put together the pieces. If they don't, they'll never see Abby again.


My Thoughts: When I finished this book, I annoyed all my friends with it. I talked about it nonstop. This is THAT book and I'm angry it took me so long to read it. Angry. Its a book that deserves to be talked about. Internet Safety is seriously no joke.

During the first part of the book, I'm like:

image

"Are you serious?"

But as I read more, I got more depth into the book, I got a better sense of her character. As you read you're thinking: YOU ARE SO SMART. Why get into the car with a strange man!?
But you're so tied into, wanting to know what happens, you keep reading. Then you see, she thinks she has a connection with him. That they're so in love. Its crazy. The story is so crazy and unbelievable, but the fact this happens everyday is what makes it so crazy.

I really love the fact the book is broken down into 3 parts. Part one, is where Abby is telling the story. Just Abby and you really get deep into her thoughts and such. She's naive, her parents don't "understand" her,she's just made it into high school and her friends are leaving, or so she thinks, so she starts befriending "Luke". This nice, sweet boy who seemingly likes her and understands her, so you can see why she ran off with him. Part Two, is after Abby is gone and is told from the POV of her sister, Lily, a boy who likes her, who she'd recently gone on a date with, Billy, and her best friend, Faith. And you get into their thoughts, and feelings on this and since they're different people from Abby, you get a different point on it. I must say Lily's POV was my favorite. She was honest about what was going on and she was hurting inside, too, but didn't let it kill her. Part Three is like part Two, but with a twist. Not going to spoil it.

Anyways, its real, its compelling and just amazing. You need to get this book. Seriously, and tell everyone about it.

Happy Readings,
Kandee



2 comments:

  1. I am glad that this did a turn around and delivered. This is my first time seeing this book, so thank you for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. I have been searching for this book for AGES. And I just found it recently at my library.

      Delete

Hello Readers. I love comments, they really make my day to see a comment. If you want me to check out your blog, leave your blog address and I'll be more than happy to check it out. Thanks.

Popular

Follow by Email