Enter your keyword

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Book Review: What Happened To Goodbye? By Sarah Dessen


What Happened to Goodbye

What Happened To Goodbye
By Sarah Dessen

Published: May 10, 2011 by Viking Juvenile
Page Numbers: 402 pages
Format: Hardcover
Source: My little local library

Summary: Who is the real McLean?
Since her parents' bitter divorce, McLean and her dad, a restaurant consultant, have been on the move-four towns in two years. Estranged from her mother and her mother's new family, McLean has followed her dad in leaving the unhappy past behind. And each new place gives her a chance to try out a new persona: from cheerleader to drama diva. But now, for the first time, McLean discovers a desire to stay in one place and just be herself, whoever that is. Perhaps Dave, the guy next door, can help her find out.

Combining Sarah Dessen's trademark graceful writing, great characters, and compelling storytelling, What Happened to Goodbye is irresistible reading.


My Thoughts: SARAH DESSEN! SARAH DESSEN! SARAH DESSEN! Excuse that, but Sarah Desen has now made her way to the list of: My Favorite Authors. I'd been recommended her books over and over again until my friend, Grace's, bickering got the best of me and I ppicked this up. Which I am thankful for. I absoulutely adored this book, the description had be skeptical and I was like:


But as I read it, I was just like:

image

I loved it! Sarah's writing style is so simple yet so passionate. The story was touching and as you read you really understood McClean/Liz/Elizabeth/etc's pain and why she changed her identity before each move. You really got pulled into her life and that made it such a sweet story.

And as for my first Sarah Dessen book, it was swell. McClean, she was lovable, she was relatable, not over the top, because this story could have gone so many different ways and it went in the correct way. THANK GOD! Dave was also very, very relatable. All the characters. Relatable. And that's all you really need in a book.

I take it that Sarah Dessen doesn't usually talk about basketball in her novels and you can sense that, but the fact she tried gave it a much better feeling. I don't really know much about basketball, but I'm glad it wasn't the whole story. The family drama tugged at my heart!

Sarah Dessen you are a queen.

Happy Readings,
I'm Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Readers. I love comments, they really make my day to see a comment. If you want me to check out your blog, leave your blog address and I'll be more than happy to check it out. Thanks.

Popular

Follow by Email