Enter your keyword

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Book Review: Shatter Me By Tahereh Mafi

Shatter Me 
By Tahereh Mafi


Publication Date: November 5, 2011 by Harper Collins
Page Numbers: 338 pages
Format: Kindle, E-book
Source: Kindle Store
Challenges: Ebook Reading Challenge


Summary: Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days.
The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war-- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.

In this electrifying debut, Tahereh Mafi presents a world as riveting as The Hunger Games and a superhero story as thrilling as The X-Men. Full of pulse-pounding romance, intoxicating villainy, and high-stakes choices, Shatter Me is a fresh and original dystopian novel—with a paranormal twist—that will leave readers anxiously awaiting its sequel.



My Thought: This book is absolutely amazing. Shatter Me is unforgettable.


It pulled me in. The first sentence made me crazy. I was like: 
                                                 
                                   image 



THIS IS GOING TO BE GOOD.


I literally went around showing my friends this sentence on my Kindle. Such a lame, aren't I?
But this book is worth making a fool out of myself.
It is.


Anyways, Juliet has been locked away and is a danger to, basically, all of mankind. If she touches you, you die. And until today, well, not today, but you know what I mean, she's being let out. The government wants to use her as their weapon. At first, she's clever, but quiet. Sly and sneaky and very afraid of everything. Then as the story develops, she transforms into this badass killer type. Still clever and sneaky, but just more confident. And I liked that. A LOT!


Then there's Adam, I can picture him as this hot, sexy boy who's perfect in just about every way. He's sweet, kind and just damn adorable. The way he cares for his little brother is just darling. And another good thing. He can touch Juliet! Wow. Gee Wilikers.


And I really, didn't just say that.


Well, the story is just magical. Tarereh's writing style is unique and one of a kind and she definitely has a swell story going on. Its hard hitting and this book will blow your mind. And you can quote me on that. The way she has Juliet say things and the things she's really thinking is crossed out is genius. Freaking genius. I've never seen that before in a book and the fact that it's done in a correct way is lovely. I'd be horrible if she'd done it and it hadn't made any sense whatsoever, but she DID IT RIGHT.


Praise for Tahereh Mafi. You have a dedicated reader and I am desperately waiting for the next one to come out.


But, seriously, think of The Hunger Games, but 10 times better. Utterly amazing!


I'm Out.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Readers. I love comments, they really make my day to see a comment. If you want me to check out your blog, leave your blog address and I'll be more than happy to check it out. Thanks.

Popular

Follow by Email