Enter your keyword

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Book Review: Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Paranormalcy 
By Kiersten White


Date Released: September 1, 2010 by HarperTeen
Page Numbers: 335
Format: Hardcover
Source: Borrowed from library
Challenge: 2012 TBR Reading Pile Challenge




Summary:Weird as it is working for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, Evie’s always thought of herself as normal. Sure, her best friend is a mermaid, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she's falling for a shape-shifter, and she's the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours, but still. Normal.
Only now paranormals are dying, and Evie's dreams are filled with haunting voices and mysterious prophecies. She soon realizes that there may be a link between her abilities and the sudden rash of deaths. Not only that, but she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal.





My Thoughts: Well, I'm soo very sad it took me this long to read this damn book. I've been procrastinating with this review. Dammit, The Woman In Black and its amazing-ness. Dammit Daniel Radcliffe for being so sexy. Anyways, this book is amazing. A little cheesy at some points, but nether-the-less amazing. It's funny. It's adventurous. It's a fresh take on all the dark paranormal book I've been reading. It's unique. Especially with Lish's bleep, bleeps.  And Tasey. I want one now.


It exceeded all my expectations for it, and trust me I had a lot! I really loved Evie as a narrator and character. She was funny, not to mention, so-down-to-Earth, in a good way,even though she goes around hunting down paranormals for a job. She just wants to be normal and I can get a sense of that in the book by the way she acts. She's kick-ass with a taser and even though she doesn't have super-human strength or anything, she still has all this friggin' power in a zebra dress and pink boots. Freaking pink boots!


Lend and Reth, the two leading men who want Evie's heart. Frankly, Reth pissed me off. I wanted to seriously do some damage to him. He kept trying to do all these things to Evie and even though it was for a good cause, he just needed to fuck off for a minute. Lend on the other hand, is damn adorable. He's soo sweet and the fact he could shape-shift made it better.


One other thing, Easten Heights, sounds a little like the well-known Degrassi. I loved the creativeness put into the book. Well done Kiersten! 


I suggest this book to everyone.


I'm Out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Readers. I love comments, they really make my day to see a comment. If you want me to check out your blog, leave your blog address and I'll be more than happy to check it out. Thanks.

Popular

Follow by Email