Enter your keyword

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Book Review: Don't You Wish By Roxanne St Claire

Don't You Wish
By Roxanne St. Claire


Expected Publication: July 1, 2012 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Page Numbers: 368 
Format: Kindle Book, E-book
Source: Netgalley
Challenges: Netgally Challenge, E-book Challenge




Summary: When plain and unpopular Annie Nutter gets zapped by one of her dad's whacked-out inventions, she lands in a parallel universe where her life becomes picture-perfect. Now she's Ayla Monroe, daughter of the same mother but a different father—and she's the gorgeous, rich queen bee of her high school.
In this universe, Ayla lives in glitzy Miami instead of dreary Pittsburgh and has beaucoup bucks, courtesy of her billionaire—if usually absent—father. Her friends hit the clubs, party backstage at concerts, and take risks that are exhilirating . . . and illegal. Here she's got a date to lose her V-card with the hottest guy she's ever seen.

But on the inside, Ayla is still Annie.

So when she's offered the chance to leave the dream life and head home to Pittsburgh, will she take it?

The choice isn't as simple as you think.



My Thoughts: Well, I didn't have high hopes for this book, but it completely blew me away. Even though, I must admit, it started off a little slow in the beginning and I stopped reading it, I came back to it and I'm glad I did. It sped up within time and I was hooked. It was a cute, fresh, fun read. Full of mush and adorkable moments. It's different, I great unique kind of different. By the end of the book I was like this:
                                                             image
I was filled with such joy by the end of the novel. Plus, it made me really think. Am I grateful for what I have? Probably not, but should I be? Hell Yes! It really stuck that question in my mind till this day and I finished this book over a few days ago.


Annie, out main character, is transported into Ayla's life and changes it for the better, but not just hers but others around her. Like the sweet, sweet Charlie. But we'll get to him later. Annie so adorkable and funny. Smart, too, but somethings just made me want to smack her. Like her almost stealing for popularity and also the fact she'll do almost a lot for popularity. I mean, c'mon, its cool to be accepted, but not the only thing in the world.  I see a little of Annie in myself back when I was in elementary school, which isn't to far from now, but I wanted acceptance so much, then I learned to be me.


Charlie was just oh, so to die for. I loved him and his hat. I want him to be mine in real life. Oh, I shouldn't have said that, but oh well. Fictional crushes, my Lord. He's sweet, he's smart and sure as hell didn't deserve all that crap people did to him and his sister, Missy is just as sweet. If I had a little sister, I would love to have her as mine and their brother/sister relationship was beautiful.


The situations Annie was put in Ayla's life were crazy. Her family situation wasn't the best, but that wasn't her fault. Ayla was just a bitch in her past life and sort of took everyone for granted. Annie helped turn it around even though it meant losing Ayla's old friends. I think it was for the best, those girls were bitches. 


Then the ending blew me away.


I was on the edge of my seat, thinking: Would she do it? Would she go back and risk all her hard work putting Ayla's life together? And when I reached that last page this was me: 
                                                               
                                               image
I was a fangirling mess, jumping and screaming all over the place. I was given weird stares, but it was worth it. I loved it. It was unpredictable and awesome, so unexpected and everything came together perfectly.


Good job on this.




I'm Out.





3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. I have this for review as well. I hope that I like it as well. Your images are hysterical.
    I have tagged you. I look forward to reading your answers. Read the Questions...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. Thanks for your review, you crack me up.
    This definitely sounds like an interesting book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABR Steph - I hope you like it as well, it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good. Oh my gosh, I'm doing this immediately!.

    Madigan McGillicuddy - Oh, why thank you! I loved it, hope you will too.:D

    ReplyDelete

Hello Readers. I love comments, they really make my day to see a comment. If you want me to check out your blog, leave your blog address and I'll be more than happy to check it out. Thanks.

Popular

Follow by Email