Enter your keyword

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Book Review: Sirenz by Charlotte Bennardo & Natalie Zaman



Sirenz by Charlotte Bennardo and Natalie Zaman




Date Released: June 8, 2011 by Flux
Page Number: 280
Format: Paperback
Source: Owned
Date Finished: January 7, 2012






Summary: Bickering frenemies Meg and Shar are doing some serious damage at a midnight sample sale when the fashionistas find themselves arguing over a pair of shoes-with fatal consequences. One innocent bystander later, the girls are suddenly at the mercy of Hades, Lord of the Underworld himself. To make them atone for what they've done, Hades forces the teens to become special-assignment Sirens, luring to the Underworld an individual whose unholy contract is up.

Finding that delicate balance between their fashion addiction and their new part-time job in the eternal hellfire biz turns out to be harder than Meg and Shar expected, especially when an entire pantheon of Greek deities decides to get involved. Then there's the matter of the fine print in their own contracts







My Thoughts:  Well, well, well, I finally finished Sirenz. It was kind of hard, I had so many distractions. My friend even asked me to borrow it while I was reading it, but she's my best friend, so I just said yeah. Anyways, Sirenz is about these two girls with two different styles who find themselves living together. While fighting over shoes in a substation, they accidentally kill someone and Hades, Lord of the Underworld, comes and gives them a proposition to bring a former patron of his to his lair by pushing him through a portal. They agree and are giving the powers of Sirenz, but not without some sort of payment in return.


It started off great, I mean, good plot, good characters and etc. Then as I read on the book kinda fell flat to me. It got kinda repetitive. I understand the whole point of the book was to get the man into the portal, but they kept doing the same thing to get him there and then the ending was too fast paced, not in the good way. What I'm trying to say is that the ending, didn't make much sense because they could've done that at any point in the book, to make things quicker. And the scene with the Gods at the end was seemingly pointless, but it drew the book to a close. So, anyways, it was enjoyable and funny. The jokes basically made the book for me, but story-wise the book was a little underdone. 


I'm Out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Readers. I love comments, they really make my day to see a comment. If you want me to check out your blog, leave your blog address and I'll be more than happy to check it out. Thanks.

Popular

Follow by Email