Enter your keyword

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Arc Review: Welcome, Caller. This is Chloe By Shelley Coriell





Welcome, Caller. This is Chloe By Shelley Coriell




Publication Date: May 1, 2012 by Amulet Books
Page Numbers: 320 pages
Format: Kindle ARC
Source: Netgalley from Author
Date Finished:  January 13, 2012 




Summary: Big-hearted Chloe Camden is the queen of her universe until her best friend shreds her reputation and her school counselor axes her junior independent study project. Chloe is forced to take on a meaningful project in order to pass, and so she joins her school’s struggling radio station, where the other students don’t find her too queenly.




Ostracized by her former BFs and struggling with her beloved Grams’s mental deterioration, lonely Chloe ends up hosting a call-in show that gets the station much-needed publicity and, in the end, trouble. She also befriends radio techie and loner Duncan Moore, a quiet soul with a romantic heart. On and off the air, Chloe faces her loneliness and helps others find the fun and joy in everyday life. Readers will fall in love with Chloe as she falls in love with the radio station and the misfits who call it home.





My Thoughts: Soo, I requested this book from NetGalley and I loved it. I'd heard a lot about this book from Goodreads and also fellow Waiting on Wendesday-ers. ( I think that's how you'd say it ) I was very doubtful of this book and at first, I thought: It really doesn't live up to what I thought it to be. And that is why I promise to finish reading books because I really loved it towards the ending. The ending really drew me in and really, I don't know if that's good in a book or bad, but I'd have to say bad. Anyways, this book is about Chloe, who, for whatever reason, I shall not say, has lost her best friends and has to complete a JISP because her other one was thrown out by her new school counselor. She soon joins the school radio station in order to get a working JISP and meets some new interesting friends.




First off, a school radio station? That's amazing! So unique. Shelley's writing style is funny, cute and upbeat, tied with a good plot and you get this. I was seriously grinning ear-to-ear when the book opened up with Chloe dressed up in a burrito suit in designer shoes. I could imagine the scene in this scene in my head. Bright haired girl in a giant burrito costume. Yes! Chloe was a good narrator, not a fantastic one, but good nether-the-less. When I learned more about her, as in with her brothers and her relationship with her mother and grandmother, I felt more for her and why she was the way she was. Chloe's exciting, she's fun and she's also very very needy. She needs friends,well not needs friends, she longs for friends. All throughout the book, she talks about how much she misses her friends and just people in general because her best friends have snubbed her and also everyone else is whispering about her.





But, she was a very bubbly person and a great story teller. I loved how at first the radio was just a JISP thing and she took it into her own hands and turned it into her own little thing, she made a difference and became a part of the radio family. The ending really left me in tears, I must say. It was beautiful. The moments with her and Duncan tore at my heart a bit. Clem made me laugh out loud a lot. Her and Chloe's rival-but-friends-at-the-same relationship was a wonderful thing. The ending livened up the book for me, well the middle/ending. I guarantee you'll fall in love with it, just as I did.






I must say, Shelley, you've written a wonder right here.


I'm Out


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Readers. I love comments, they really make my day to see a comment. If you want me to check out your blog, leave your blog address and I'll be more than happy to check it out. Thanks.

Popular

Follow by Email