Enter your keyword

Sunday, November 20, 2011

ARC Review: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin



The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin 



Date Released: September 27, 2011 by Simon and Schuster

Date Finished:
Format: Paperback
Source: ARC
Pages: 452 pages
Rating: 5/5


Summary: Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.

It can.

She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.

There is.

She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love.

She's wrong.





My Thoughts: Well, I kind of missed the uproar over Mara Dyer when everyone was chatting it up. I know? Late, again. Well, I loved it. It could've been a bit better in some places. Could have been a bit more exciting in a few places, that's what I mean. The uproat gave it a great recommendation in my book, but when I actually read it, it let me down a tab bit. Mara's power also seemed to confuse me, but in the end I got it. Plus, I had to rearead a few pages just to fully get it.

But that didn't bring my rating down because it was interesting. It was unique. It kept me reading even though I got confused and didn't know what the hell was going on. That is the making of a good book, people. It really is. Now let's talk about the awesome characters: First: Mara.

She's funny, scratch that, friggin' hilarious. I can picture her doing whatever she's doing because the book is so decriptive about her and her actions. Plus, she's an enjoyable narrator. Then, we can't forget the SEXY NOAH SHAW! He is what the perfect boyfriend is. He is smart, beautiful and, one thing I also love: British. He's just so damn adorable.
Overall, great read. If you haven't read it, I suggest you do now.

Well, congrats to Michelle because you've written a wonderful novel.


I'm Out

1 comment:

  1. OK, I've got this book and it's just sitting on my shelf. I NEED to read it now!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Readers. I love comments, they really make my day to see a comment. If you want me to check out your blog, leave your blog address and I'll be more than happy to check it out. Thanks.

Popular

Follow by Email