Enter your keyword

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Feel Everyone Has Read But Me


I finally decided to be in the Top Ten Tuesday meme that's been going around. It's hosted by the amazing blog The Broke and the Bookish where they come up with the fun topics each Tuesday.


This week it is:


Top Ten Books I Feel Everyone Has Read But Me.


1. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead: I've read the first book and liked it, but I started the second one and stopped while reading it. I've never even thought to pick it up.




2. Divergent by Veronica Roth: I've heard only great things about this book and I even have a ARC copy of it on my desk, I really should pick it up.


3. The Near Witch  by Victoria Schwab: My friend has been going on-and-on about this book and I've yet to pick it up.



4. The Luxe by Anna Gobersen: It seems so great! I mean, who doesn't love the flappers!? I so need to get this book and NOW!.



5. Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan: If my boyfriend can pick up a boy and constantly read it, IT IS a good book. Enough said.



6. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher: I've been hearing things back and forth about this book. I started it, didn't like it so much, and put it back. I think I should have rethought that.


7. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: I read her other books, the Gregor the Overlander series, and am waiting for the next one in the series. Honestly, I'm kind of ashamed I've never read it. 






8. Fallen by Lauren Kate: Ehhh. This book doesn't seem to interest me a lot, but it seems okay, since everyone's talking about it.






9. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare: It seems like an OK book, but not my style. My friend has pledged to give me her signed copy of this book and make me read it. So, since I don't want her to kill me, I will.






Finally, 10. Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard: I know you all are like, WHAT?! Why is this book number 10. Well, its because I read all the other books, but I didn't read the first one. You can pity me for this one. :)




What's your Top Ten list?

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you should DEFINITELY pick up The Hunger Games! It's one of my favourites of all time -- it's such an amazing series! Same with Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series! I didn't think I would love them at first either, but they ended up taking top spot on my list of faves! :)

    Awesome Top Ten list, Kandee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read the Percy Jackson series too, but I always get so intimidated reading a new series that already has so many books out, because I don't want to spend months catching up and ignoring all other books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't get into The Hunger Games even though everyone I know loves it. Oh, well. Also, Thirteen Reasons Why seems so tragic and disturbing that I just don't know if I can handle it (having a daughter probably makes me more sensitive to the idea of a child in despair). However, The Near Witch looks wonderful. I can't wait to read it!
    xoxo
    -Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Read Divergent! It's a great book and I could not put it down. :)

    Other books on your list that you should definitely read are The Percy Jackson series and The Hunger Games trilogy.

    - Alexa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mimi - Thanks! My blogging buddy is trying to send me her copy of The Hunger Games and her Cassandra Clare books. I need them. BAD. They seem so good.

    jesspoole - I know exactly what you mean! When I first heard about the Pretty Little Liars series, I hesitated to read them and then when I started I skipped over the first book without going back.

    Sonia - Now it seems I really DO need to go back and get 13 Reasons Why. The Near Witch seems great. I love talking to the author, Victoria. She's so smart and a fun person.

    Alexa - I started it this morning. It's great so far.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Readers. I love comments, they really make my day to see a comment. If you want me to check out your blog, leave your blog address and I'll be more than happy to check it out. Thanks.

Popular

Follow by Email