Enter your keyword

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Review: Delirium by Lauren Oliver




Title: Delirium
Author: Lauren Oliver
Pages: 441 pages
Source: Borrowed from library
Published: By HarperTeen
Rating: 4.9/5







Goodreads Summary: Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -- the deliria -- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the governments demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy. 

But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love. . .








My thoughts: I finished this book faster than I'd anticipated. I really enjoyed it. Lauren Oliver's writing style is cute, in a strong powerful way. It kept me reading till the very last page, although it started off slow for me. The slowness ended within the first few chapters and then I couldn't put the book down till the very end. Lauren has created this world that's so realistic, but obviously you can't cure love.


Lena is quiet in the beginning and has no backbone whatsoever, she was plain, boring. It actually pained me to read about her. I thought she was a bad narrator, but as the story went on, I grew to like her. She grew stronger and actually gained a personality. When the end of the book came, I was scared for her. I was thinking, "Oh my Jesus. . .Lena!" Yes, I do say, Oh My Jesus. It's one of my great catch phrases.


Well, Delirium is either a book you'd love or you'd hate. Passionately.


There's some really great scenes, like the very intense one when Alex and Lena are running from the police, or the regulators. Its action-packed and terrific. The use of words made it feel as if it was really happening right in my head. I could picture it. It's so addicting. But there's also the characters. You can't forget them, like there is Hana, Lena's best friend. She's wild, she's crazy and very fun. You can't help, but love her, she's too adorable not to love. Then there's the sweet and sexy Alex. Whew! But, seriously, I just wish my boyfriend could take some notes from him, Alex is so cute. I wish I could just wrap him up and send to myself for Christmas.


So pick up a copy of Delirium today. Sit back and enjoy the ride because it's a wild one. You won't be sorry. Or just read Lauren's other great book, Before I Fall. It won't dissappoint. Lauren Oliver ROCKS!




Oh and I can't wait to read book two.:]









2 comments:

  1. What a great blog!
    I'm sorry you didn't win the giveaway, but thanks for entering and come back often! You never know when we'll have another contest - you could win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I certainly will drop by again. I like your blog.:D

    ReplyDelete

Hello Readers. I love comments, they really make my day to see a comment. If you want me to check out your blog, leave your blog address and I'll be more than happy to check it out. Thanks.

Popular

Follow by Email