Enter your keyword

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Review: Heist Society





Title:Heist Society'
Author: Ally Carter
Published: Febuary 10, 2010 by Hyperion Books.
Pages:287
Source: Hardcover borrowed from library.
Rating: 4/5






Goodreads Summary: When Katarina Bishop was three, her parents took her on a trip to the Louvre...to case it. For her seventh birthday, Katarina and her Uncle Eddie traveled to Austria...to steal the crown jewels. When Kat turned fifteen, she planned a con of her own. Scamming her way into the best boarding school in the country, determined to leave the family business behind. Unfortunately, leaving "the life"for a normal life proves harder than she expected. Soon, Kat's friend and former co-conspirator, Hale, appears out of nowhere to bring Kat back into the world she tried so hard to escape. But he has a good reason: a powerful mobster has been robbed of his priceless art collection and wants to retrieve it. Only a master thief could have pulled this job, and Kat's father isn't just on the suspect list, he is the list. Caught between Interpol and a far more deadly enemy, Kat's dad needs her help. For Kat, there is only one solution: track down the paintings and steal them back. So what if it's a spectacularly impossible job? She's got two weeks, a teenage crew and a hopefully enough talent to pull off the biggest heist in her family's history--and, with any luck, steal her life back along the way.



My Thoughts: What's not to love about Heist Society? It's funny, clever and wonderfully written. Ally Carter has a knack for writing about fantastic teen heroine's that'll steal your heart. No pun intented. But on a serious note, her writing style that makes her books very hard not to love! I think I've read one or two of her other series, but out of the ones I've read, I like this one the best. I definitely can't wait to read Uncommon Criminals.


Well, the story starts off fast, which I love for a story to start out with. It starts off with Kat getting kicked out of boarding school, which kind of sucks, but It's for a good reason. She meets up with the extremely cute, Hale, who's her partner in crime. He is telling her she needs to get back in the family business of stealing even though all this time she's been running away from it. 


Kat's fun, cute and a very lovable character. I just want to hug her! She's so sweet.  Her sarcasm is very funny and I find it hilarious she's talking to a big mob boss like they're best friends. Her dad kind of annoys me about how he knows the man is after him and he refused to do anything about it. I mean, you're going to die in a week if you don't find these paintings and all you can do it sip coffee in Paris. Her cousins, Gabrielle, Simon, Angus and Hamish are very fun, too. I'd have to say Gabrielle was my favorite. I'd picture her as a younger Catherine Zeta Jones. Well, I'm going to end this review and say: Go read it! Beg for it, buy it, anything, just go read it, but don't steal. Stealing is bad for the soul.











Favorite Line: "So that's it, huh?" her father asked. "You've got your own little heist society and now you're gonna rob the Henley." He turned and started moving down the busy street.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Readers. I love comments, they really make my day to see a comment. If you want me to check out your blog, leave your blog address and I'll be more than happy to check it out. Thanks.

Popular

Follow by Email